Tuesday, May 24, 2016

The Hat cake

This hat signifies my life as it is at this time for I indeed wear several hats. I am a scientist by profession and also a pastry chef, a pilot and an artist. I love to create delicious and interesting confections such as this hat cake. It is a chocolate cake with raspberry chocolate ganache filling and layered with raspberry filling. Buttons are dark chocolate. If it doesent tastes beter than it looks I will eat my hat... this one!

I served this at my college reunion which was a festive event, hats off to the organizers and while we are at it, hats off to Madam Curie, Madam Tussards, Madam CJ Walker, Madam Noor Jehan, Madam Rosmerta and also to all the older graduates of my college who are no longer addressed as "Miss" but are now "M'am".

14 comments:

  1. And this is MINE..........It's a hat and I'm claiming it!
    Oh goodness I can taste those buttons!!! And you have officially just slayed me as I can't get through the screen.......!!!!
    Gorgeous!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Noshe. The buttons were solid dark chocolate.. :)
      The hat is definitely "you"

      Delete
  2. That looks delicious, yum yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another amazing creation

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hats off to you indeed. Cute as a button, If you'll pardon the pun ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. And dont forget those buttons are MINE!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Are you kidding or trying to kill me!!! look this description :
    It is a chocolate cake with raspberry chocolate ganache filling and layered with raspberry filling.

    Oh my Gosh!! in your case: Oh my Allah!!! I want this cake!!

    Next time I go to US you have to invite me to eat some like this...please!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Carmen I call this my "Death by Chocolate" cake. The next time you are in NY you can certainly sample it!!!

      Delete
  7. Yummy hat for sun protection!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can just imagine you wearing that hat and looking as elegant as always... another creative idea executed beautifully.

    ReplyDelete