Friday, August 24, 2012

Bookworm cake




Books were my best companion as I was growing up. I used to be quite the bookworm, devouring every book I could lay hands on and the local library was my favorite hangout. Maybe I was like this little bookworm with its jaunty green hat. I just loved climbing inside the book and loosing myself in another world. Now books are on kindle and Iphones and we seldom experience opening a book that felt so familiar in the hands. Nevertheless the vast treasure of knowledge contained in books will always be priceless and the experience of immersing oneself in a book is a nonpareil experience unbeaten by clicks of the mouse or shows on TV.

This cake salutes all those bookworms who like to read inspite of the many distractions clamoring for our attention. Consume your books like this bookworm would have this stack of red velvet cakes and enjoy the creamy icing of knowledge.


4 comments:

  1. Definitely one of my favourites as I'm a bookworm too. I love the worm sticking up on both sides...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alas, I dont read that much any more; I feel like my life offers a lot more excitement than any book!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is indeed sad that we are losing out on the pleasure of reading books due to the development of technology and the fast pace of life.... but would love a bite of this book!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My total identification with your words about how important are the books for you is huge! that's why you do things like that! one special person that does outstanding things! This cake is absolutely fantastic! creative, beautiful and look so much tasteful! I wanna a bite!

    ReplyDelete