Saturday, September 22, 2012

Fish Cake


Behold a "fish cake" that tastes like an almond cake with almond mousse filling. The fins are made of marzipan.  This was my very first order for a pisces lady's birthday.  I tried to insert whimsy in the design without making it too "Disney".  

So who likes fishing? Personally, I can not imagine sitting around waiting for a fish to bite when one can easily purchase a cleaned up specimen at the supermarket. On the other hand, I guess it could be relaxing for the avid fishermen. I like to eat fish, not catch them. Plus I'd rather use the time baking a cake that looks like a fish. 

Mark Twain said "Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it's time to pause and reflect". So in this day of uncertainty and turmoil do we believe everything presented to us or do we search for the truth and ponder? Only dead fish swim with the stream!. 
So to make life a bit more palatable I present my cakes. I am a small fish in this huge dessert industry, but I prefer that to the responsibility and loneliness of being on the top...... as long as I am not sleeping with the fish!!  Enjoy the creation that is pleasing to the eyes and palate -- plus my kitchen does not smell fishy!


4 comments:

  1. Love the surprised look on his face....Is he saying "IM A CAKE???"

    ReplyDelete
  2. it is a state of the art cake. I am sure that the kids loved it !

    ReplyDelete