Thursday, November 8, 2012

Pirate Ship cake

Yo ho Yo ho! behold a cake that looks like a pirate ship.

The era of piracy in the Caribbean began in the 16th century and died out in the 1830s after the navies of the nations of Western Europe and North America began combating pirates.  The Disney movies and theme park ride “Pirates of the Caribbean” has popularized the topic and Johnny Depp played a most adorable Jack Sparrow : “Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid”.
The Pirates of the Caribean theme park ride is one of my most favorite places to be on Earth. I must have been on that ride a dozen times and love it more every time!  This is my take on Pirates of the Caribbean although I did not use "the Black Pearl" as the inspiration. Instead it is a yellow cake with strawberry filling.
Enjoy matey-------- ARRRRR


6 comments:

  1. Oh My Gosh! Is that a cake?! I cannot believe it! It could be a perfect toy for kids and If somebody send me this photo and tells me that is a toy, I would agree. Is is more than perfect! It is a pity to eat it...therefore I am sure it is YUMMY!!

    Neelam you are beautiful and funny at this picture!

    ReplyDelete
  2. THis is fabulous !! SO real! yes captain sparrow is something else.....Im sure he'd be right at home in that ship!! Love the picture, Cap'n Pops!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Neelum,

    "I acquiesce to your request"

    ReplyDelete