Sunday, February 22, 2015

Jewelry Box Cake



A jewelry box cake for my beautiful Mom.  The box is a carrot nut cake with delicious cream cheese filling. The jewelry is made of chocolate and edible diamonds.  It was fun to construct this cake; I needed some serious hardware to help stand the lid.  The logo has my Mom’s Chinese name “MoYing” on it. 

This winter has been a tough time for Mom and us all. But difficult times come and then go away if we hang in there and have faith in God Almighty. Plus if we did not have bad times, how would we recognize and appreciate the good ones?. Someone once told me "we get complacent so sometimes we need a "slap" to get back on track". Hopefully this cake will herald better times. 





“I learned there are troubles of more than one kind. 
Some come from ahead, others come from behind. 
But I’ve bought a big bat. I’m all ready, you see. 
Now my troubles are going to have trouble with me.”
– Dr. Seuss



9 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea pops !! And as always so authentic.....just beautiful...yes how did you get the lid standing up ? Btw how come Chinese name for your mom? So did anyone attempt to try the earrings on?

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous idea pops !! And as always so authentic.....just beautiful...yes how did you get the lid standing up ? Btw how come Chinese name for your mom? So did anyone attempt to try the earrings on?

    ReplyDelete
  3. All I can say is WOW!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing piece of art
    I would hate to cut it, though I'm sure it is as beautifully delicious as it is deliciously beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing. The cake is so beautiful. Fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Diamonds they say are a womans best friend; this time in the form of a beautiful cake ;) looks awsome! Bet it tastes awsome too!

    ReplyDelete