Saturday, November 28, 2015

Minion cake


I have been wanting to make a cake featuring these adorable creatures from one of my favorite movies. The Minions are small, yellow, cylindrical, creatures who have one or two eyes.  They are impulsive creatures with little self-control, but with a wide-eyed wonder and odd innocence that is completely endearing. They can be pesky when they are doing weird interactions with other people, animals, or objects.  I laughed so hard when I saw the movie, no one wanted to sit with me. The funniest part is, they are villains. If only the world’s villains would be like these cuties.


As such they have an air of nonchalance in the most daunting situations.  Maybe there is a lesson for us--- keep calm and handle situations one day at a time. Sometimes one minute at a time.


The cake was a fruit cake with craisins, raisins, almonds and pistacios. Yum!



7 comments:

  1. Oh but that slice taken is a killer!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also love the film.....Saw it only very recently and the first thing I thought was that they were so like those little gremlins......The innocent ones, not the evil ones! OK next stop...gremlin cakes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome! you are so creative,this looks too yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! you are so creative,this looks too yummy!
    Sana Zafar

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job! I am loving the idea. I am so in love with minions. :D

    ReplyDelete