Saturday, July 13, 2019

Tea time cake


Teatime! shall I pour? The teapot is a carrot cake with cream cheese filling. It sits on an inverted cookie jar. If the cake was for a large number of people I would have it sitting on a tiered cake, but for a small party it was a fun experiment. The teacup and saucer were made of gum paste.

I think the taste and quality of tea quite depends on the water- I don’t know the science of it but I do know that the same teabag will make a much tastier tea in London than New York.  But that’s more of the black tea reaction. I also like green tea, but in a cold form. I enjoy a macha green tea frappaccino every day.

I have fantasized about having tea with the Queen, perhaps I could get her interested in trying my favorite green tea frappaccino. 




7 comments:

  1. Amazing, Neelam you are so talented

    ReplyDelete
  2. Please please send your cakes link to the queen. I know she has a sweet tooth.....
    Ok next cake has to be a tea cosy....the woollen ones with Kashmiri embroidery

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How does one get invited to tea with the Queen? I would REALLY REALLY like to experience that!

      Delete
  3. What is gum paste!! Something edible? And what is the tea stream made of....looks like nutty chocolate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noshe gum paste is a harder version of fondant. It sets quicker. Yes it is edible, but is really not tasty.

    ReplyDelete