Thursday, June 11, 2020

Pineapple


This was a cake for a Hawaiian theme birthday party.  It did not seem much of a challenge, but it was fun to decorate. It was a vanilla bean cake with pineapple filling. 

In this day of pandemic and quarantines it was refreshing to do something creative. I could really not make interesting cakes during quarantine since there was no party to share the cakes at. I delivered this cake on the second day of unlock in NY. 

We all have had a tough 11 odd weeks of isolation due to the COVID-19 pandemic. I was not happy about canceling my travel plans, but I am thankful I was in my home with all facilities of comfort. My lovely friends played quarantine games and socialized through on-line party rooms where everyone talked and no-one heard. Then there was a lovely Facebook group "View from my window" where people from around the world posted pictures of their views--- along with some news tidbits about themselves leading to some major cathartic posts. Much thankful for all these 21st century gadgets. Also MUCH MUCH thankful for health and safety of myself and my friends and family.  

The world is a different place now; I believe life has changed for us and the new norms will be different.  perhaps better? We shall see.



May God protect us from harm in all shape and form, Ameen. 

8 comments:

  1. Perfect, beautiful, and so real. I always admire your work. So Perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautifully stated. And a beautiful creative cake indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cake and I’m sure it tasted amazing as well!..Quarantine 2020 definitely made all of us see life in a new light. Ameen to great health for all of us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanx Fariyal. And thank God for great friends who showed much appreciated support by face-time, quarantine games and the life-saving humor

    ReplyDelete
  5. Samrana :
    The cake is state of the art with a perfect description that make its super special ( highly impressive )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful cake indeed! Looking forward to enjoying all the delicious cakes post Quarantine.

    ReplyDelete