Sunday, February 21, 2021

Apple cake



This was an apple cake with baked apple filling. It was easy to make since the imperfections made it look quite natural.  All my cakes are imperfect, but I am never embarrassed by what might be considered "sloppy" work.  I think the imperfections are an expression of my inner artiste.  

As such what is "perfect"? Perhaps perfection is an illusion. It is just a mental concept relative to each one’s expectations and experience.  Many of us take pride in being  perfectionists, however by setting very high standards we make it harder and more time consuming to reach our goals.  Decision making can become a challenge and we could get stuck in unnecessary details which could lead to procrastination.  And then after all this, the resultant might still not be "perfect". 

On the other hand,  good-enough is definitely NOT good enough.  If we don't aim for excellence we retard our progress by avoiding new challenges. I believe a strife for excellence can be reached without inserting the perfection genre.  I have always been a practical- doer, aiming to get things done par excellence, perhaps not perfect. 

In cake art clean and neat decoration is indicative of flawless work but I believe flaws are the spice of life; flaws make our life perfect.  


“If you look for perfection, you'll never be content.” 
― Leo Tolstoy, Anna Karenina








3 comments:

  1. Sweet indeed...
    Cute, and the type of apple I like, green ones.
    Thank you for not making a red apple!

    ReplyDelete