Monday, January 29, 2024

Roller bag cake

 



After an early retirement from a biological research career I work hard at avoiding periods of sedentariness. Now that I have time, I have dedicated myself to see the world and perhaps cross off some of the destinations on my bucket list.  I love the adventure of travel; I love flying despite the inconvenience of body scans and pat-downs.

I have no qualms taking a leap of faith, and imagination when I board a plane for some faraway land, hoping, for a taste of the inexpressible. Travel is one of the few activities we engage in, not knowing the outcome on the contrary we revel in that uncertainty.  We eagerly squeeze into a seat to be hurled at frightening speed to a distant place of unfamiliar language, architecture, geography and customs---- All at great expense. If we stopped to calculate the cost vs benefit; we’d never go anywhere. Yet we do.  Travel brings the best educational experiences; it enriches our lives in ways no books, blogs or vlogs can. 

After our pandemic of disappointments I believe we appreciate travel more today. We tolerate the inconvenience of body scans and security checks for the privilege of transporting ourselves to novel locations and exotic experiences. Ibn Battuta said “travelling leaves you speechless then turns you into a storyteller”;   Boy do I have stories to tell!!!

This cake is for a fellow adventurer; a carry on roller bag cake. It was a plain vanilla cake with a cannoli filling. 



“I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list.” – Susan Sontag


11 comments:

  1. Wow truly amazed at your cake skills !!! 🤩😍 I've never seen such a creative cake like this before. I'm sure it's so delicious, too. Keep up the awsome work

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely amazing cakes you are so talented!!!Yasmeen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bravo - so true & what a wonderful cake ! We are so Looking forward to sharing some of our amazing travel stories in your upcoming trip to the far east - stop over destination singspore

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing work, love the detail and perfection

    ReplyDelete
  5. This cake must be filled with creamy clothes

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wish I could hold this cake and travel the world

    ReplyDelete
  7. I fully appreciate your desire to travel and see new places and the beauty of Allah’s creation. The cake is a great tribute to your travels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous detail! You friend A!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey pink theme this year...

    ReplyDelete